Established in 1893 by Arthur W. Walters, the funeral home has served area families continuously since that time.
In 1928, Bradford S. Parker became affiliated with A.W. Walters & Co. Mr. Parker purchased the business from Arthur Walters and later formed a partnership with G. Harold Holmes and they moved to the present location at 180 Hillside Avenue in Berlin.
Bertrand E. Bryant of Colebrook, NH purchased the business in 1966. Bert, along with his wife Beverly operated the business for many years following.
In 1978 the Gorham location was constructed at 1 Promenade Street. Bert's son B. Edward Bryant became affiliated with the funeral home in 1981. In 1995 Ed and his wife Laurie became the owners of the business, with it remaining as a local family owned and operated funeral home. Ed and Laurie were joined by their son, David, who became a Licensed Funeral Director in 2016 continuing the family tradition. In 2015, an on-site crematory was added to the facility.
As a funeral home that has held the community’s trust for many years, our staff is here to serve the families of Berlin, Gorham and the surrounding communities with the utmost care and compassion along with the finest of service.