Established in 1893 by Arthur W. Walters, the funeral home has served area families continuously since that time.
In 1928, Bradford S. Parker became affiliated with A.W. Walters & Co. Mr. Parker purchased the business from Arthur Walters and later formed a partnership with G. Harold Holmes and they moved to the present location at 180 Hillside Avenue in Berlin.
Bertrand E. Bryant of Colebrook, NH purchased the business in 1966. Bert, along with his wife Beverly operated the business for many years following.
In 1977, in an effort to better serve area families in Gorham, Randolph, Shelburne and the surrounding areas, Bert & Bev purchased land on the corner of Promenade Street and Route 16 and constructed our Gorham chapel at 1 Promenade Street, which opened in 1978.
In 1981, Bert's son B. Edward Bryant became affiliated with the funeral home, obtaining his license in 1984 following graduation from New England Institute in Boston, MA.
In 1995, Ed and his wife Laurie became the owners of the business, with it remaining as a local family owned and operated funeral home.
In 2012, Ed and Laurie were joined by their son, David, who became a licensed in 2016 following his graduation at FINE Mortuary College in Norwood, MA. Continuing the family tradition marking the third generation of licensed Bryant family funeral directors.
In 2015, as more families turn to cremation as a means of disposition, realizing a need to further serve families, an on-site crematory was added to the Berlin facility ensuring that your loved ones never leave our care.
As a funeral home that has held the community’s trust for many years, our staff is here to serve the families of Berlin, Gorham and all of Northern New Hampshire with the utmost care and compassion along with an unparalleled level of service.